Want to study a VET course in 2023? Download the NMVC 2023 VET Course Handbook from Google Drive (9.5mb).
Interested in a VET course in 2023? Attend a Taster/Tour or Info Session. Learn more in the NMVC 2022 Taster Guide.
See what courses are on offer in the NMVC 2023 Course List.
The Northern Melbourne VET Cluster (NMVC) is a consortium of secondary schools that have joined forces to improve the provision of VET programs in the Northern Region of Melbourne. The NMVC has 57 member schools from the State, Catholic and Independent education sectors.
The Northern Melbourne VET Cluster is a self-funded model supported by the schools based on an annual membership fee. The NMVC has developed with support from local secondary schools and the Local Learning Employment Networks (LLENs) in the region, Banyule Nillumbik LLEN, Hume Whittlesea LLEN and Inner Northern LLEN. The NMVC also has support from the Northern Metropolitan Region, Department of Education and Training and the Catholic Education Office, Melbourne.
Vocational Education and Training refers to enhanced senior school studies, which enable a secondary student to combine their VCE or VCAL studies with vocational training.
Features of VET
- It is an accredited vocational education and training program (usually over two years).
- It enables students to complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification (e.g. Certificate II in Hospitality) and a senior secondary certificate such as VCE and/or VCAL at the same time.
- It allows students to go directly into employment or receive credit towards further study.
- It focuses on students developing industry specific and workplace skills.
- It is a vocationally oriented school program designed to meet the needs of industry.
Learn more about the NMVC, key courses and how to become a VET Teacher by watching our videos on NMVC TV.