Want to study a VET in 2024?
What is VDSS?
VET Delivered to School Students (VDSS) allows secondary students to gain practical skills in a specific industry while contributing toward the completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), VCE Vocational Major (VCE VM) or Victorian Pathways Certificate (VPC).
Features of VET
- VET enables students to gain qualifications for all types of employment, and specific skills to help them in the workplace.
- Undertaking VET while at school allows students to mix general and vocational education and to make a start on training for a career before they leave school.
- VET programs are typically completed over two years and provide students with a qualification or partial completion of a nationally recognised certificate.
- Students can also study VET through school-based apprenticeships or traineeships (SBATs).
Benefits of VDSS
- VET programs contribute directly to the VCE, VCE VM and VPC and can contribute towards the ATAR score.
- Students gain industry experience and employability skills.
- Creates a pathway to further study.
- Provides opportunities to develop effective relationships with industry employers.
- Enhances knowledge of employer and workplace expectations.
- Develops the capacity for teamwork and leadership.
For more information visit VCAA.
Learn more about the NMVC, courses and how to become a VET teacher by watching our videos on NMVC TV.